In order to begin the course registration process, you may login with your user name and password on ÖBYS via https://orion.iku.edu.tr/irj/portal under the sections “Re-registration” and Course Registration.
You may request a new password through https://unipass.iku.edu.tr/itim/self in case you forget your username or password.
Your new password will be sent via SMS to your registered phone number on the ÖBYS system.
If your phone number is not registered on the system, you can update this information via https://orion.iku.edu.tr/irj/portal link by clicking on My Information> Address Information button and edit the mobile phone information.
Half an hour after you change your phone number information, you may request a new password on self servis.iku.edu.tr.
In case you encounter a problem during this process, you may be able to ask for support at the BST offices on campus between 08:30 – 18:00 or by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to freeze registration, students need to have completed the registration procedures for the semester and paid their tuition.
- The students apply to the Directorate of Student Affairs for registration freeze or unfreeze.
- The registration freeze procedures are carried out within the period announced on the academic calendar. If the student is registered in any course for the semester, their registration will be cancelled.
- The students may freeze registration for two semesters in a row and four semesters in total.
- The students who have frozen their registration obtain a leave of absence.
- In case of a registration freeze, the paid tuition is not refunded. It’s appropriated as the tuition for the academic year of registration.
- In case of military service, imprisonment or conviction; the student may use all their registration freeze rights at once. This period is not included in the education period. However, the student may not take exams while their registration is frozen. If they do so, their grade will not be valid.
- The students may freeze registration provided that they have one of the following valid excuses:The students may freeze registration provided that they have one of the following valid excuses:
- The student has a health problem documented by a health report obtained from a health institution
- The student has to take a break from their studies as a result of a natural disaster, provided that it has been proved by a document obtained from the highest civil authority of the locality,
- The student has lost the right the postpone his military service and has to be enlisted,
- The student has declared that they will go abroad to learn a foreign language,
- The student is imprisoned or convicted, except for the ones who have been temporarily suspended or expelled from the higher education institution,
- The student has economic problems, family issues or a similar excuse which is considered valid by the relevant board.
- The students who have frozen registration will continue their studies at the end of the period by re-registering. If a student who has frozen their registration due to a health-related problem wants to unfreeze registration before the end of the period, they need to prove their recovery with a health report.
- Students who have frozen their registration for two semesters may be able to re-register at the end of the first semester, if they wish to continue their studies.
- When registration is frozen, students are not allowed to retrieve the documents that they have submitted to the University upon first registration.
- For the students who are exmatriculated, disenrolled, expelled or have graduated to retrieve their diplomas and documents in their file, they need to have paid their tuition and other fees and completed the exmatriculation procedures with the approval of the relevant units of the university.
- The students who wish to disenroll must apply with a petition to the Directorate of Student Affairs in order to exmatriculate, either in person or through someone else who has their permission.
- On condition that the students have completed the exmatriculation procedures, they will be disenrolled and exmatriculated by the Directorate of Student Affairs starting from their application date.
- The tuition of the semester of the registration of these students are not refunded.
- After completing the disenrollment and exmatriculation procedures, they may receive diplomas and other documents that they have given during registration by submitting a document stating their educational status, either in person or through someone else who has their permission.
- The students who are exmatriculated lose all of their rights as a student.